Epiphone Les Paul ES PRO
Epiphone, the world leader in archtop design, presents the Les Paul ES PRO™, a true ES-style archtop that combines Epiphone’s long tradition of building superior archtops with the classic sound and profile of the world’s #1 electric guitar, the Les Paul. Featuring an ES-body with f-holes and traditional electric archtop bracing, Epiphone ProBuckers™ with coil-tapping, a Dual-Action Truss Rod, Grover® Rotomatic machine heads, LockTone™ bridge, and Stopbar™ tailpiece.
The Les Paul ES PRO archtop hollowbody features a Flame Maple Top and Maple Body with the classic Les Paul profile with carved f-holes inspired by legendary ES-style archtops like the Casino, Sheraton, and the “335.” The body top and back has single layer white binding along with a cream pickguard. The 24.75” scale neck has single layer Pure White binding and is made from Mahogany with a 1960s SlimTaperTM D-profile. The fingerboard has medium jumbo frets, a 12” radius, and “Trapeze” pearloid inlays found on 50s era Les Pauls. Inside the ES-PRO hollow body is a center block and counter brace, both hallmarks of a true ES-style archtop. The Les Paul ES-PRO is available in three beautiful color finishes, Faded Cherry Sunburst, Translucent Black, and Wine Red.
Like many Epiphone Les Pauls, the new Les Paul ES-PRO is powered by Epiphone’s critically acclaimed ProBucker™ pickups, designed to recreate the first generation of hand wound Les Paul humbuckers from the 1950s that today can only be found in rare “Sunburst” Les Pauls that go for over $150,000 on the vintage market.
Epiphone ProBucker humbucker pickups are made with the same 42 gauge Elektrisola wire as the originals, plus 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers, the same alloy used by Gibson for their BurstBucker™ pickups. The Les Paul ES-PRO features an Epiphone ProBucker-2™ in the neck position and a slightly “hotter” Epiphone ProBucker-3™ in the bridge position for leads. Both pickups also come with coil-tapping, activated by a simple push/pull of each pickup’s volume control, which allows players to mix single coil and humbucker tones together in endless combinations. Each pickup has “Les Paul” style volume and tone controls with Gold RidgeTop™ "top hat" knobs with metal pointers. The 3-way Pickup Selector has a white toggle cap. The Les Paul ES-PRO’s archtop body design combined with its vintage-toned ProBucker™ pickups makes it one of today’s most versatile electric guitars. And, it’s available for the fraction of the cost of a vintage ES-style archtop or Les Paul!
The Les Paul ES PRO comes with world class rock solid Epiphone hardware
including a solid nickel fully adjustable LockToneTM bridge and StopbarTM tailpiece, an Epiphone all-nickel Heavy-Duty Non-Rotating 1/4" output jack with square jack plate, and legendary Grover® Rotomatics™ machine heads with an 18:1 turning ratio for fast and accurate tuning.
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Material: Flame Maple Laminated; 3-layer
- Body Material: Laminated Maple; 3-layer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape Options: 1960's SlimTaper™ D-profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable; Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-layer; Black/White; "Les Paul ES" in White
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with "Trapeze" Pearloid Inlays
- Nut: White Synthetic Bone
- Headstock Inlay: "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2™
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3™
- Controls: 3-way Pickup Selector with White toggle cap
- Neck Pickup Volume with coil-splitting
- Bridge Pickup Volume with coil-splitting
- Neck Pickup Tone
- Bridge Pickup Tone
- Knobs: Gold RidgeTop™ "top hat" knobs with metal pointers
- Binding: Top: (1-layer); Pure White
- Fingerboard: (1-layer); Pure White
- Headstock: None
- Body Back: (1-layer); Pure White
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Pickguard: Cream
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone™ Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-Duty, Non-Rotating 1/4" with Square Jack Plate
- Machine Heads: Grover® Rotomatics™ ; 18:1 ratio
- Strap Buttons: Yes