EVH Wolfgang Special QM
Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special QM features a basswood body with an arched quilt maple top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn baked maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom-designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger. The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special QM is available in Charcoal Burst, Chlorine Burst or Solar with cream body binding and chrome hardware.
BASSWOOD BODY WITH QUILT MAPLE TOP
A basswood body provides excellent tonal response that is full and rich, along with overall warmth and sustain. The body is capped with a beautifully figured quit maple top for an elegant touch.
12"-16" COMPOUND RADIUS BAKED MAPLE FINGERBOARD
The innovative 12"-16" compound radius baked maple fingerboard design gradually flattens toward the heel from its smaller and more rounded profile at the nut for unparalleled comfortable chording and riffing near the nut and seamless bending near the heel. Maple is a dense wood that produces bright, snappy tones, articulate notes with bite and a tight low end.
Roasting the fingerboard removes moisture from the wood, making it more resistant to humidity shifts and warping.
DIRECT MOUNT EVH WOLFGANG HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
EVH-BRANDED FLOYD ROSE LOCKING TREM, R2 LOCKING NUT AND EVH D-TUNA
Eddie Van Halen was the first player to popularize the innovative Floyd Rose locking tremolo, even advising Floyd Rose on his early designs to integrate round disc finger-type tuners that you would see on a cello or violin. Now universally embraced, our EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge features our EVH logo stamped on the bridge plate, steel saddles and a solid brass block. The Floyd Rose bridge and R2 (41.8 mm) locking nut is a professional-grade double-locking design that secures the strings in the saddle and nut, providing ultimate tuning stability and dynamic tremolo action. Standard equipment on Eddie’s personal guitars since the early ‘90s, the EVH D-Tuna is a unique patented device that enables players to drop the E to D and back, in an instant.
ATTRACTIVE BINDING & COLOR MATCHED WOLFGANG HEADSTOCK
Our Wolfgang Special kicks style up a notch with attractive body binding and a Wolfgang headstock color matched to the body.
- Series: Wolfgang® Special
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Wolfgang®
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Binding: 1-Ply Cream
- Body Top: Quilt Maple
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Zebra
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Baked Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness: .805" at 3rd & .890" at 12th Fret
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Wolfgang® Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Baked Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- String Trees: Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock: EVH® Wolfgang®
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Tremolo Block: Brass
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Oversized
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual