Sixteen pads in a compact body
Like all nanoSERIES2 controllers, the nanoPAD2 had to be compact, lightweight and sized to work well with any laptop or desktop computer. In addition, the nanoPAD2 also had to pack in 16 great-feeling and dynamic-sensing pads – as well as leaving room for the X-Y touchpad! The Korg nanoPAD2 does all this and more. In fact, there are four banks of pad assignments, providing a total of 64 pads setups.
- Low-profile pad controller – excellent for playing or entering drum data
- Sixteen solid, responsive, and velocity-sensitive trigger pads
- Control multiple MIDI parameters via the X-Y Touchpad
Dynamic trigger pads capture all your performance nuances
The sixteen velocity-sensitive pads provide excellent response to your fingertips, and also realistically convey the playing feel to your sequencer or DAW software, ensuring that your drum parts will be full of life. By switching between the four scenes, you can experience 64 different pad assignments.
Two stylish colors: Black and White
The nanoPAD2 is available in your choice of bold Black or bright White. Choose the color that’s right for you – match your computer, contrast your console – it all up to you!
USB power for an uncluttered setup
Just connect a single USB cable from your computer to the nanoPAD2, and you've got a quick and portable music production system. Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire for a clean, efficient workspace.
Apple iPad Compatibility of nanoSERIES2 (*1) (*2)
Using a USB cable to connect to the Apple Camera Connection Kit, Korg nanoSERIES2 controllers can be used with the iPad, without an external power supply (*3). You can enjoy iPad App like KORG iMS-20 (*4) along with nanoSERIES2 (*4).
*1: OS4.2.1 supported.
*2: Korg does not guarantee this compatibility, and problems may occur as Apple updates their OS and/or new models are launched.
*3: If you are using a nanoSERIES2 controller for an extended period of time, or are using more than one nanoSERIES2 controller, please use a powered USB hub to be sure there is enough electricity.
*4: The iPad App needs to support to Core MIDI.
Create musical phrases using the X-Y touchpad, Touch Scale, and Gate Arp features
The X-Y pad can be used to control multiple synthesizer parameters. In addition, the new "Touch Scale” function lets you intuitively play phrases on the X-Y touchpad, just as on the kaossilator. You can choose from sixteen different scales, and specify the root key and note range to ensure that your performance stays within your song. The "Gate Arp” function, borrowed from the kaossilator Pro, transmits note data based on tempo; Tap tempo and tempo sync are supported. Combined with the Touch Scale, the Gate Arp allows you to play tempo-synchronized phrases and rhythms simply by stroking the X-Y pad or playing the pads.
- 16 trigger pads with velocity and 4 velocity curves
- XY-Pad, HOLD button, GATE ARP button, TOUCH SCALE button, KEY/RANGE button, SCALE/ARP button, SCENE button
- 4 user scene memories
- Corresponding Software
- Host applications corresponding to MIDI input
- USB (mini B)
- USB bus power
- Power Consumption:
- USB bus power: less than 100 mA
- Dimensions(W x D x H)
- 325 x 83 x 16 mm/ 12.80 x 3.27 x 0.63 inches
- 285 g/ 0.63 lbs.
- USB cable
- Supported Computer
- Apple Macintosh with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X.
- Supported OS
- Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
- Supported Computer
- Computer with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows7 (Intel USB chipset recommended)
- Supported OS
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or Later (32bit/64bit)