EVH 5150III 50W 6L6 Head
With its smaller size and portability, the EVH® 5150III® 50W 6L6 Head is the perfect amp for players who want arena volume and performance in a more compact package. Three channels of road- tested sound work for any playing style—crisp cleans, raw crunch or searing leads, while newly added independent dual-concentric controls allow for gain and volume level matching.
This 2.0 version of our popular 50-watt head delivers a full-spectrum of tone — channel one powers crystal-clear clean tone, channel two ranges from chunky overdrive to tight distortion, and channel three oozes with liquid gain. Channels one and two each have dual concentric gain/volume controls, with shared EQ (low, mid, high). Channel three has its own gain, volume and EQ (low, mid, high) controls. All three channels also have global presence and global resonance controls.
This amp head also includes selectable impedance (4, 8 or 16 ohms), dual parallel speaker output jacks, effects loop, headphone jack, line out and a four-button footswitch with 1/4” input jack and MIDI input.
Loaded with pure EVH sound and power, the EVH 5150III 50W 6L6 Head is wrapped in Black or Ivory textured vinyl and features our instantly recognizable black EVH-striped steel grille.
A high- quality fitted cover is available as an EVH Accessory.
The little sibling to the 5150III 100W Head — the first-ever amp to be launched by EVH Gear— this 50-watt head represents a culmination of Eddie’s career-long chase for the holy grail of tone. Finally, a modern throwback amp that can handle everything he throws at it, and more.
Three channels (Clean, Crunch and Lead) combine to deliver a full spectrum of tone that can deliver across any genre. Channel one sings with a bold yet clean, still with enough gain for creamy vintage leads. Channel two hits hard with super heavy crunch and blues overdrive, while channel three delivers full-out distortion and aggressive modern liquid gain for blazing leads.
DIAL IT IN
Tone for days is yours for the taking with a comprehensive control layout. Dual concentric controls allow you to independently dial-in volume and gain for Ch. 1 and 2 for level matching. Ch. 3 has its own gain, low, mid, high and volume dials. A global presence knob on the front panel creates full control over ultra-high frequencies, while the rear global resonance knob adjusts the power amp’s low frequency response.
This head wallops with beefy, high-gain attitude courtesy of seven JJ ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes. Two mighty JJ 6L6 matched power tubes generate wide open, sparkling articulate highs with a controlled bass response heard in Eddie’s unmistakable rhythm playing.
BEHIND THE SCENES
This amp also features a MIDI rear panel input, which allows you to directly connect a digital effects interface and sync your tone to your favorite patch for even more tonal variance, a headphone jack and a 4-button footswitch to quickly toggle between the channels or engage the effects loop.
- Model Number: 2253016410
- Series: EVH® 5150III® Heads
- Color: Ivory
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Height: 8.5" (21.6 cm)
- Width: 20" (50.8 cm)
- Depth: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Weight: 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Controls: Channel 1: Independent Gain and Volume w/ Shared Low, Mid and High; Channel 2: Independent Gain and Volume w/ Shared Low, Mid and High; Channel 3: Independent Gain, Volume, Low, Mid and High EQ; Also Global Presence and Resonance
- Channels: Three - (Clean, Crunch and Lead)
- Voltage: 230V
- Wattage: 50 Watts
- Effects Loop: 1/4" (Send/Return)
- Inputs: One - 1/4", MIDI (rear)
- Headphone Jack: 1/4" Stereo
- Line Out: One - 1/4"
- Speaker Jack: Two - 1/4" Parallel
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Total Impedance: 4, 8, or 16 ohms
- Power Cable: IEC
- Grill Cloth/Material: Perforated Steel Front and Rear Panel
- Amplifier Covering: Ivory Textured Vinyl
- Cabinet Material: White Birch
- Preamp Tubes: 7 x JJ ECC83S (12AX7)
- Power Tubes: 2 x JJ 6L6
- Control Knobs: White Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: White
- Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
- Footswitch Connection Type: 1/4"
- Recommended Cover: Optional P/N 0079197000
- Included Accessories: 5-Foot Speaker Cable