Fender Limited Edition Player Mustang PJ Bass Tidepool
With the Fender FSR Mustang PJ Bass, seen here in a Limited Edition Tidepool finish, you get a high-quality, versatile four-string stepping stone into the world of Fender instruments.
Boasting a lightweight offset body, slick-playing short-scale neck, ultra-reliable hardware, and versatile electronics, this hugely popular bass is suited to a wide variety of musical styles and genres, and would make a great addition to any player's collection.
- A Modernised Take On A Classic Design - Alder has been used to craft the classic Mustang style body shape which features a handy double cutaway design, providing easy access to the upper frets – perfect for solos and adventurous bass lines. A sturdy bolt-on construction joins the Maple neck to the Mustang Bass PJ, enhancing mid-range punch whilst Fender’s classic short scale length of 30” makes it smaller than you’re your usual basses. This shorter scale length aids playability, particular for beginner bassists and smaller players but it’s also great for anyone who enjoys that easier reach. Tonal is also enhanced with the Mustang PJ Bass having a tighter top end, more pronounced low end and a scoop in the mid-range.
- Vintage-Style Electronics - Delivering fantastically versatile sound, the Fender Mustang Bass comes with a PJ pickup configuration. A Vintage Style split single-coil Precision Bass pickup has been installed in the middle pickup position while a Vintage Style single-coil Jazz Bass pickup can be found in the bridge pickup position. Select either of the pickups individually or a combination of the two using the three-way pickup selector switch, while two control knobs in the form of Vintage Style black Jazz Bass knobs allow you to adjust the Master Volume and Master Tone.
- Top Notch Hardware - Four Fender Vintage Style tuning machines with open gear construction can be found at the headstock, providing precise and secure tuning along with some retro visual flair. A four-saddle hardtail bridge provides precise intonation and solid tuning stability while increasing sustain. For an extra touch of class, the Mustang Bass has a special neck plate that has been engraved with the classic Fender “F” logo.
- Timeless Style And Versatility - Hugely popular across the globe for more than five decades, the Mustang Bass is one of Fender’s most enduring bass designs. Awesome visual presence and excellent Fender craftsmanship along with vintage style pickups in a fantastically versatile PJ configuration makes the Fender Mustang Bass PJ a real all-rounder workhorse bass guitar.
- Limited Availability - This amazing bass is available in limited numbers only, so we highly recommend that you place your order sooner rather than later, to avoid missing out. Contact our Online Sales Team directly if you'd like to query this bass guitar's availability further.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Mustang Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 30" (762mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 19
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Configuration: PJ
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)